- Create and manage content for a live, politics focused, news channel
- Working in a fast-paced dynamic newsroom environment
- Be part of Australia’s leading 24-hour news organisation
What’s the role?
- Creating and managing news content to be broadcast on the Sky News Extra Channel.
- Ensuring news conferences, speeches and events are broadcast live.
- Selecting and editing political interviews to run on the channel.
- Liaise with the Sky News editorial team to ensure the most important news events are broadcast on the ‘Extra Channel’.
Who you are
- Some newsroom experience (News Producing, Studio crew or News Exchange)
- Ideally experienced with ENPS and Qantel (or similar news processing and editing systems).
- Experienced with Excel and Google docs.
- Strong communication skills and a positive attitude.
What’s in it for you?
- Supportive and friendly environment. We encourage innovation, collaboration and creative thinking. Fun, fast-paced and excellent opportunities for growth and development.
- Make a difference as part of Australia’s most influential media organisation
- Opportunity to innovate, challenge the norm and pioneer the way forward
- Employee discount with multiple brands including Audi, Qantas, Apple, Samsung etc
- Work with some of Australia's most recognised and prestigious brands
Who are we?
Sky News is Australia’s leading 24-hour multi-channel and multi-platform news service provider.
Operated by Australian News Channel Pty Ltd (ANC), a subsidiary of News Corp Australia, its channels include Sky News Live, Sky News Weather, Sky News Extra, Sky News UK, FOX SPORTS News and Australia Channel for international audiences.
Sky News Australia also operates a national digital network reaching millions of Australians each month across digital platforms including SkyNews.com.au, YouTube, Facebook and News Corp Australia websites.
Sky News Australia’s unrivalled broadcast and digital news content features award-winning journalists, exclusive insights from the biggest names in politics, ground-breaking special investigations, and live breaking news, sport and weather.
Apply now or for more information on careers at News Corp Australia visit www.newscorpaustralia.com/careers
Diversity strengthens our national teams and newsroom as we seek to tell stories that represent the communities of Australia. Our people make us unique, and so we are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or gender identity. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply!