- A platform to grow your career
- Work with and learn from the best in the business
- Paid parental and birthday leave!
What's the role?
This role is responsible for the precise monitoring, ingest and labelling of all incoming material, sharing to all relevant departments in the newsroom, maintaining high quality content for on air broadcast. You will also be required to perform basic editing and switching of lines from network partners to receive and send material. The role also includes shift work on a seven day rotating roster. Would also suit someone wanting to gain a foot in the door in the TV/Media industry.
- Monitor, ingest and label incoming content from a variety of sources – sharing with relevant departments within the newsroom
- Basic non-linear editing
- Master Control line switching
- Liaise with network partners to receive and send content
- Archive relevant material into a library
Who are you?
Applicants should display the following:
- Experience in a Live Television environment preferred but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to resolve technical problems on the job
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Attention to detail
- Work in a team environment
- Display a positive attitude
- In-depth knowledge of Sky News and its platforms
What’s in it for you?
- A truly collaborative environment.
- Variety of work where no two days are the same.
- Work with some of Australia's most recognised and prestigious brands.
- Make a difference as part of Australia’s most influential media organisation.
Who are we?
Sky News is Australia’s leading 24-hour multi-channel and multi-platform news service provider.
Operated by Australian News Channel Pty Ltd (ANC), a subsidiary of News Corp Australia, its channels include Sky News Live, Sky News Weather, Sky News Extra, Sky News UK, FOX SPORTS News and Australia Channel for international audiences.
Sky News Australia also operates a national digital network reaching millions of Australians each month across digital platforms including SkyNews.com.au, YouTube, Facebook and News Corp Australia websites.
Sky News Australia’s unrivalled broadcast and digital news content features award-winning journalists, exclusive insights from the biggest names in politics, ground-breaking special investigations.
Apply now or for more information on careers at News Corp Australia visit www.newscorpaustralia.com/careers
Diversity strengthens our national teams and newsroom as we seek to tell stories that represent the communities of Australia. Our people make us unique, and so we are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or gender identity. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply!