- Lead the Sky News team in Parliament House
- Drive the political news agenda on Sky News
- Work for a dynamic 24-hour news channel
What’s the role?
- Manage the Sky News Parliament House office
- Make key editorial decisions and execute political news coverage
- Lead a team of reporters, assigning duties and providing direction
- Take responsibility for the production of political news programmes, including Afternoon & Sunday Agenda
- Maintain and develop professional contacts that will assist you in enhancing on-air coverage
- Handle administrative functions of the office, including staff rostering
- On-call 24/7 to respond to breaking news events, rostering issues etc.
- Ensure that content meets legal requirements and legal advice is passed on to relevant editorial staff.
Who are you?
- At least five years of news experience, preferably within political journalism
- Experience in managing staff
- Excellent knowledge of Australian politics, news and international current affairs
- Ability to write and edit news content
- Knowledge of production systems including ENPS and Quantel preferred
What’s in it for you?
- Supportive and friendly environment. We encourage innovation, collaboration and creative thinking. Fun, fast-paced and excellent opportunities for growth and development.
- Attractive remuneration package
- Make a difference as part of Australia’s most influential media organisation
- Opportunity to innovate, challenge the norm and pioneer the way forward
- Employee discount with multiple brands including Audi, Qantas, Apple, Samsung etc
Who are we?
Sky News is Australia’s leading 24-hour multi-channel and multi-platform news service provider.
Operated by Australian News Channel Pty Ltd (ANC), a subsidiary of News Corp Australia, its channels include Sky News Live, Sky News Weather, Sky News Extra, Sky News UK, FOX SPORTS News and Australia Channel for international audiences.
Sky News Australia also operates a national digital network reaching millions of Australians each month across digital platforms including SkyNews.com.au, YouTube, Facebook and News Corp Australia websites.
Sky News Australia’s unrivalled broadcast and digital news content features award-winning journalists, exclusive insights from the biggest names in politics, ground-breaking special investigations, and live breaking news, sport and weather.
What do I do next?
For further information regarding this role please contact Lauren in the Talent Acquisition team via firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply please attach your CV using the appropriate link and ensure that you notify your current Manager if you are asked to attend an interview. Please note we will not be able to organise an interview until you've notified your current Manager.
Diversity strengthens our national teams and newsroom as we seek to tell stories that represent the communities of Australia. Our people make us unique, and so we are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or gender identity. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply!